Sunday, July 27, 2008

In the beginning...

I thought to start off our blog I would start with how Bret and I got together.






We met down at Snow College at the beginning of our sophomore year. Bret likes to tell people that I yelled at him next to a garbage can, which is only partly true. I shouted out a friendly greeting as he was passing the garbage can. Either way it was the start of something great.



We got together March 12, 2004, and there was no turning back.




After graduating from Snow College spring of 2004, we had a great summer hanging out in West Jordan. That fall, I transferred up to Utah State University (Go Aggies!).
Bret went to Salt Lake Community College to continue working on prerequisites for pharmacy school.


For my senior year Bret transferred up to USU, and I was quite happy about that.


(Side note: I really like this picture because we match so well, but it was very unplanned. We were just reading scriptures one time, and one of my roommates pointed out our color coordination and took a picture.)




Bret found out that he had made it into Pharmacy School at the University of Southern Nevada's South Jordan Campus, and I graduated in Spring of 2006. We both moved back to West Jordan, and continued to date.



November 20, 2006
Bret proposed to me, and naturally I said yes. Because of Bret's school schedule we had to decide if we wanted to get married during Christmas Break or Summer Break (USN doesn't have a Spring Break, ugh!). We decided that there is no time like the present, and we set the date for December 27, 2006 (only 5 weeks after we got engaged).
We decided to have a dinner instead of a reception, and so we were not able to invite many people. Sorry to all that were left out, we still love you.

Here are some of our engagement pictures that were taken by my awesome friend and co-worker, Jessica Clark. We were driving up into Big Cottonwood canyon to find a spot to take the pictures, and there was a random waterfall off to the side of the road. I am happy with the way that they turned out.





















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

I love it! You are Bret are great together and totally amazing. You have always said you are not a 'scrapbooker' I just think you are one for the new technology...no scissors and glue for you!

love,
Mom

Melissa said...

WOW! Your blog is SO SO cute! It looks fantastic! I am excited to read everything you have to write about.

Benji said...

Yay! Welcome to the ol' blogosphere! I have a little blog I keep at:

benjihadafieldandhelostit.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

ahhh, what a cute love story:) I love your blog! I just saw that you called me last week, we have been in Montana and Yellowstone on vacation and I didn't get reception so I couldn't call you back... :(

So we are thinking of going 4 wheeling either the 30th of this or the 16th of this month. which one works for you guys?? I'll give you a call tomorrow or Monday! Hope you are doing well!

Ruth Emmett said...

oops! So you are probably wondering why the comment above this says "mama and papa"...I'm on my parents computer and I forgot to sign out of my mom's account! ha ha, so yeah, that comment is from Ruth in case you were confused:)

Camille and Paul said...

Yeah for getting married! I want to invite you to my blog too! My email address is camillegwalker@gmail.com. Email me your email address! You look beautiful in your wedding photos and so happy! Congrats!