Oh, how I love exercise...not at the time I am doing it usually, but afterwards it is so great (crazy...sometimes exercise is fun at the time) . I started getting into a little routine when I took a yoga class with my coworker at the beginning of the year. Then in March my sister-in-law influenced me to start running more. I started to get pretty good about exercising regularly this summer.
Then the governor made all employees start to work four ten hour days, and that threw things way off track. August and September where not great exercising months.
Well this week I decided that I need to get back into good habits. So far I Ran 1.5 miles on Tuesday, did Yoga with weights on Wednesday, Ran 2 miles on Thursday, and Ran 3.1 miles today. When I run I have to warm up 10 minutes on the exercise bike, walk to warm up and cool down, and stretch. I only count time actually running on my chart.
Speaking of my chart...I started keeping track of my exercise in March, and it is so interesting to see my patterns throughout the year.
It is so interesting the huge effect exercise has on me. I feel happier, more confident about myself, more connected to my body. I have more energy, my posture improves, and I think more clearly. Also, the more I exercise the more I want to continue, and the more I don't the lazier I get. An object in motion stays in motion, and an object at rest stays at rest.
Oh, how I love exercise.








2 comments:
Way to go! When I move back to Utah we should run 5Ks. Yes, only a 5k. I am a wimp and can't do more than that. But it would be fun! :)
The four tens have messed with me too! I'm a big fan of the exercisation --- yeah, i made that word up. But it makes me happy too. It's my coping mechanism. That or chocolate. Think I should stick with working out...
Post a Comment