Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Open The Gates and Seize The Day

For my birthday I was given Newsies the movie and the sound track. I actually got the movie twice because when asked what I wanted I said "Newsies." I love that movie and I love the music. I first saw it when I was six at a sneak preview, and I have been obsessed since. If you haven't seen the movie I highly recommend it.

I also like to run while watching musicals because I get so excited it gives me motivation to keep going. I only got half way through it last night, and I am excited to go running again so I can finish it up. I also have been enjoying listening to the sound track over and over again.

My first Hollywood crushes were on Christan Bale and Bill Pullman. I also love Teddy Roosevelt and the Progressive Era (note Newsies not the most historically accurate but it is set in a time period that I love). So I guess I am just rambling on, but this movie is exceptionally enjoyable to me.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I hate to admit this since we are best friends and all, but I've never seen Newsies....don't hate me.

Stephanie said...

We will have to watch it sometime when we live in the same state. Jordan will love it!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

I love Newsies!!!

Brad and Jenn said...

I love Newsies!!! Great movie!