Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pillow Talk

This morning when we woke up Bret came up with the idea to name our children after "elements." I assumed he meant the ones on the periodic table, and I asked if we named our child gold if he would be malleable or if uranium would have an explosive personality.
Bret had actually meant elements like wind, fire, water, etc, but he quickly saw the name potential the periodic table holds.

So he grabbed one of his chemistry books off of the book shelf and opened to the periodic table. We realised that noble gases make awesome names: Argon, Krypton, Xenon, and Radon. Halogen's also hold much potential. Then we started looking at Lewis Structures, and I realized I don't remember how to do them anymore, but I really use to like doing them. I wish that they had puzzle books for Lewis Structures, kind of like Sudoku.

6 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Okay, I'm married to a man with a physics PHD (almost) and I thought HE was a geek. Just kidding. :) That made me laugh!!!

Ruth Emmett said...

I agree with the above comment....I thought my husband was a nerd! JK. So are you having a little boy then?

Mindy said...

I think the name "Argon" has potential! And another benefit of this would be that you already have built in nicknames for all of them! Girl names could be hard though . . . does that mean you're having a boy?

Stephanie said...

I don't know what I am having. I thinks it's a boy, but I really have no idea. I find out on the 16th what I am having! And I think Xenon is a girl's name.

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

You guys are hilarious!

Brenna said...

Alas, you face the same dilemma I do. How do I name my child without labeling it?

Ex: "Oh dear,with that name, your mom must have been a hippie!"

Miss you!