We held Wesley birthday party the following Saturday. I had done a little research before the trip, but really almost nothing was done. So I had to throw the party together quickly. Pinterest proved to be a blessing and a curse. Great for inspiration and organization, but it can easily make anyone one feel inferior.
The party still turned out to be pretty fun. I really wanted to try and make a cake shaped like the number 3, but I also wanted to do a fun construction cake. So I decided to do both.
For the food I just went to the store and looked for yellow, orange, round things, and anything that looked lit a tire or fit the theme. I got the verity pack of Twizzlers, pulled out the yellow and orange, and then cut them in half. I also got a pack of Starbursts that were orange and red but only displayed the orange. And so forth with the candy.
I used a dump truck cookie cutter to shape the rice crispy treats. I put lemon heads in a snack sized ziplock bag and then just stapled folded yellow printer paper over. I went to the dollar store and picked up little toys.
I had a really cute idea for the bags but ran out of time. Luckily, we had these stickers I was able to put on the lunch bags.
I made this fun little banner using the same cookie cutter, scrapbook paper and black ribbon.
Create paper is a fast and and economic way to make a big impact.
Put this little sign on the front door.
The kids had so much fun playing balloons.
And playing with toys.
I used this template to make the traffic light for the game red light/green light. It was simple, the kids danced when the green side was out and stopped for the red. Each kid go a turn holding the light. It was so so simple, but the kids had a blast.
Sporting some awesome moves.
Then it was time for gifts.
Then on to the cake and ice cream. We had orange creamsicle of course. We didn't light the candles this time because Wes freaked out.
I used the same recipe from Wesley's birthday cupcakes, but this time it turned out so yummy.
Of course of all the kids are so excited.
Brynn had fun, but she was battling yet another eye infection due to her clogged tear duct. Her left eye was so swollen it made her eyebrow deformed. (Notice how both have orange on? Yep. I am that cheese.)
Her poor little Quasimodo eye and snagged tooth. The pictures don't show how bad her eye really was, but the rest on November proved to be a constant battle against infection. Still she is a cutie pie.
We sure had a fun day celebrating this special little boy's special day.











No comments:
Post a Comment