We got invited to have hot cocoa and cookies by our neighbor friend, Amy. We had such a lovely time. The kids played while we talked. Amy has four kids six and under, and we have played there lots of times. It's a pretty child proof house. Sigh...leave it to Brynn to manage to find trouble.
She locked herself in the bathroom and climbed on a counter. Something she does all the time at our house, but our locks are easy to open, but my neighbors are not. I could smell a strong sweet smell from under the door and thought she had dumped soap or bubble bath all over. It was worse. Brynn cried while Amy found something to open the door. Turns out she climbed on the counter and drank (yes drank) oil from a scent defuser. So I called poison control hoping they would tell me to giver her a drink of water and she would be fine (we've had to call poison control a bit with her a few time). Turns out the danger is if they aspirate it, but the symptoms are delayed. So I had to keep her up an extra hour and then listen for a cough for the next 6 hours. So I kept her up after her bed time and then we ended up sleeping on the couch.
Luckily she was fine. So grateful for that. Of course I've talked about poison a lot but I need some more tools. Wes got a helpful poison control book at an event we went to a year or so before that was a great teaching tool. I requested on for Brynn, and they were so nice to send one to my house.
So we colored and talked about poison.
I don't know what I am going to do with this soap eating girl (yes she seeks out soap to eat), but her capabilities for trouble are growing and growing. Hopefully our several talks about poison every week will sink in....until them wish me luck.









No comments:
Post a Comment