Sunday, August 31, 2008

This weekend has been filled with animals. On Friday I went to Tracy Aviary with one of my good friends growing up, Jessica Anderson. Then on Saturday I went with my family to Hogle Zoo.

Flamingos are such amazing birds. They are so interesting to watch. Here are some that are at the Tracy Aviary.











There were baby cranes that were only a two days old. They look like ducklings, but they'll grow up to look like their mom.





Here is a picture of my brother trying on a penguin hat at Hogle Zoo.






I really like taking pictures with people posing with Zoo animals. Here's Bret with a big ol' snake.





I was able to talk to one of my friends that I acquired while a Girl Scout Counselor at Camp Cloud Rim before we got to the zoo. She has been on a mission for the last year and a half. As we were talking she mentioned that she was at Hogel Zoo. I started laughing and tolder that I was planning on going that day to the zoo with my family. We were able to meet up for a few minutes at the zoo, and it was nice. And a little ironic because she is from central Utah and going to Utah State University so she is not in Salt Lake that often. It was good to see her and her family.







Here I am next to a sloth. Here is a sloth
hanging out above us in the tropical area section. We were walking by and looked and it was just hanging out in the tree. The sloths reminded me not to be lazy, and so I thought I would add this scripture.






Alma 37:46
O my son, do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look they might live; even so it is with us.











Giraffes are one of my favorite animals. They are so fun to watch. They are so tall and have those handy long necks. Plus, there eyelashes are incredible.




Here is my Mom and Kylie posing by an acorn. Kylie likes my mom to tell her stories about the two of them being mice or squirrels and gathering acorns and cotton to make their houses in the trees.















Elephants are my Dad's favorite animal, so how can I help but to be partial to them. I like this one because he has grass all over him.





















Here I am just hanging out with my sister in a random boat that was to the side of the path.












Here is a white alligator at the zoo. He is very interesting to look at. There are only 10 white alligators in the world.


Here I am posing with The Ghost of the Bayou (as Hogle Zoo calls him), and the way the glass reflected it makes Bret look a little ghostly himself.



2 comments:

Benji said...

Kylie is getting so big! It looks like you had fun.

Benji said...

Ummm....this is Melissa, I don't really feel like erasing my last comment, and signing in with my account. So, it looks like Benji is commenting, but it's ME!