Friday, May 1, 2009

Thoughts on My First Trimester

I am so happy to be having a baby, but I must say that I was not expecting morning sickness to be as potent and unrelenting as it was. I really don't know what I would have done without such a wonderful husband who took such good care of me. Working full time at a high stress job with nausea and fatigue was ruff. I thought about writing a blog all about the different types of nausea, vomiting, and dry heaving I have discovered, but then I thought it would probably better to keep that to myself.

I haven't had crazy cravings, although I have really enjoyed potatoes. I have had a lot of food aversion. At one point it was horrible because I hated (hate is a strong but fitting word) most food but not eating was not an option. I don't want to starve my child and my body punishes me if I don't eat consistently. Peanut butter and jelly on toast, chicken noodle soup from the Soup Kitchen Restaurant, apples, and baked potatoes have been life savers life savers.


I am also happy the winter has decided to leave finally. I was getting very sick of the continuous snow storms.

I still get nauseous and fatigued easily, but not as much as before. I am so grateful to be feeling better, and I hope it continues as I get farther from my first trimester. I am also happy not to need to keep it a secret. What do you say to people you are not ready to tell you are pregnant when they ask when you are going to start your family? Plus, I had such a hard time believing I really was pregnant.

Well I am happy to be leaving my first trimester, and I am getting more and more excited as the reality of having a baby sinks in.

4 comments:

Brenna said...

I'm so happy that you are feeling better. Nothing worse than nausea. Nothing.

SilverLine said...

AHHH!!! I am so EXCITED for you!! My goodness what is in the water at the FASHION PLACE DCFS!!! I am so excited...congrats:)

Brandon & Meghan said...

sorry that was me that posted on the SilverLine one:) CONGRATS!!!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

wow! i hope you start feeling better soon!