Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Down Again

We headed back down to spend time with family and attend my grandmother's funeral.
I must admit that having two small children is an adjustment for me.  I love it, wouldn't trade it, but just to do the basic day to day things take the whole day.  Add packing, traveling, and sleepless nights, and boy did I feel so tired.

My brother was able to get leave got to home just in time to visit my grandmother one last time.

Brynn was excited to meet her uncle.
He brought Wes a belated Christmas gift.  Brynn enjoyed it, too.

Brynn always full of new tricks she spent the time showing off her newly learned skills of raspberry blowing, eating her foot, and jumping (with the support of Mommy).


Even though the reason we were together was a sad one, we still had to keep it up beat for the kids.  So we headed off to the aquarium one day.  I think Grandma would be glad we had fun as a family.  I miss the days when we would have brought her with us.

The kids had a blast.  Brynn was totally amazed.


 Being a parent is such an interesting balance.  Trying to help them understand.  Being so happy and so sad at the same time.  We were talking to Wes about Great Grandma going to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus.  We did the little lesson with the glove on your hand that represents the body.  Wes sat and thought for a moment then said, "Dead...like the buggies and the beetles?"  I told him yes, but we are sad about Great Grandma and not the bugs.  He replied, "The cats not sad about bugs either."  Then he asked if bugs go to Heaven.  I wasn't sure how to answer this.  My idea of Heaven does not include bugs, but I don't think we will be deprived of things we love in there either.  Wes loves bugs.  I told him I didn't know but they might be.  Wes also asked if bugs get resurrected.  I told him I do not know.  He was so genuinely sweet and curious.  It was a sad thing for me to talk about but at the same time I was really trying not to laugh.  I really think Heavenly Father helped me to keep it together.  I always want my children to feel comfortable asking me questions.

I love the sweet innocence of children.

The services were beautiful, and it was nice to see extended family.  I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge that death is not the end, but that we can live together forever.

No comments: