
Next I would like to state that the whole world has it backwards. If the groundhog sees his shadow that means the sun is out. Sun=Warm Warm=Spring. But if it is cloudy outside then there is no shadow for the woodchuck to see (Yes, woodchuck is another name for groundhog. How much wood could a groundhog chuck, if a groundhog could chuck wood?). Cloudy=Cold Cold=Winter
The logic is off.
According to this article little Chuck was trying to tell the world of its error in behavior interpretation:
"At another Groundhog Day ceremony in New York, a rodent called Staten Island Chuck didn't see his shadow but did bite Michael Bloomberg, the city's mayor - an action that groundhog experts were at a loss to explain in meteorological terms."
So let's all hope for snow in the mountains and rain in the valleys! (We do need some type of storm to clear out the air!) And don't worry what supposed experts say about the shadow. How do you become a groundhog expert anyway?
P.S. I really like making paper groundhogs that popped up from the ground as a kid.








2 comments:
I like this post...it made me laugh. I didn't really care about Mr. Groundhog's prediction this year since it's in the 80's and all, (Not trying to rub it in!) but I do want it to be spring for you. I agree on your logic, and I've always thought the same thing! Shadow=sun=spring! I'll probably care more next year when I live in Utah! :)
I didn't even know it was Groundhog's Day. I'm so out of touch!
Post a Comment