Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thoughts on moving

It has been so fun and exciting to move into a house, but it has also been so much work. We had been planning on doing most of the moving the weekend of June 18th. Bret's parents came up and helped us move a couple of loads, and my mom can up and helped pack and watch the baby that Friday. We decided not to move that weekend on Saturday because Bret was on call for work and only the apartment had the Internet. Too bad we moved most of the kitchen the day before. We were pretty torn up there for a while.

Our friends, Jessie and Amber, gave us a key to their truck and let us use it whenever. I don't know what we would have done without that. And Bret and I were able to take a load or two over each evening during the week. Jessie also help us load and unload a couple of things that were just too heavy for me to be able to help Bret with. One time after he came after he had spent hours of testing for school. Our neighbor across the street helps us unload the washer and dryer. We as so thankful for the help we received.

Bret and I did end up doing most of it ourselves because the ward we moved from had 5 families move the weekend that we actually moved, and we didn't need help as much as the other families. Plus our families live far away. It was so much work, but we got it done.

I also spent a good amount of time cleaning the old apartment. I have heard that the complex is terrible about returning deposits, but I still scrubbed it out and left it cleaner then I found it. It just seemed like the right thing to do. At least the people who move in after us won't have to live with our gunk.

Wesley was not a fan of moving. I really could have used a babysitter, but my two friend us here that offered to watch him have babies. And since Wes went through the height of baby fear while we were moving that didn't work. Oh well, I can't complain too much.

I am grateful for the help we got moving up here in January, and the help with this last move. I am grateful for the time we had between our house being completed and our lease being up. I am grateful for my awesome husband and sweet child. I am grateful to own a home. And I am grateful to not have to move again any time soon!

No comments: