I went down Sunday night to stay with my mom before her surgery. The surgery went well which was a big relief. Still the recovery is painful, and my mom is allergic to the tape that held on her bandages. Her neck, chest, and shoulders are covered by a solid, weepy blister. She stayed in the hospital Wednesday afternoon.
Wes did such a good job waiting in the hospital. It's almost like he understands. He helped me buy a balloon for my mom (which he thought he should keep) and a willow statue to help cheer Nonnie up. He was a trooper with all the running around we did, sleeping away from home. Plus, to top it off he cut two molars. What a kid.
Wesley loved hanging out with Uncle Alex.
This is the new way Wes sleeps.
While I was down I most of my mom's gifts wrapped (my sister wrapped the ones for us), and I got my wrapping done. Christmas shopping for my mom turned out to be pretty easy because she already had tons of it done before she found out she was having surgery. She starts shopping in July or August.
Here he is going through my purse. At least he looks super cute.
We came home Wednesday evening. Wesley and I were so excited to see Bret. What a great man.
I just repacked as I unpacked because we are heading down on Christmas eve. Wesley was a big helper while I wasn't looking, and helped unpack the repacked suit case.
I sure hope my mom starts feeling better soon. She is so strong and wonderful.








No comments:
Post a Comment