I loved having a garden this year. I was so nervous about if it would turn out or not. I did some research and got advise from my parents. I went to nurseries and talked with my friend who was planning her own garden. I started it a little later in the season because it wasn't ready until the end of May, but it worked out okay.
I think the blossoms on my blue potato plant were so cool.
Fajita's made from my first crop of potatoes and onions.
The onions Wes and his friend harvested without permission. They were picking peas and got carried away.
Mmmmm....garden fresh peas......mmmmm.....
Cute little rows.
My helper.
Delicious and beautiful.
Brynn liked the garden a lot. She would steal cucumbers and peppers and eat them.
She ate the whole cucumber and half of another one.
Rainbow carrots.

The pepper plant cross pollinated with the pepper plant next to it.
Yukon gold potatoes.
Working with Wes made gardening extra magical.

Final harvest.
I think it's okay to take way too many pictures of home grown squash.
The purple potatoes are great for Halloween-ish meals.
It didn't turn out perfectly, but I am very grateful for all the vegetables and memories from it.





















No comments:
Post a Comment