Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Last week was a hard week sleepwise.  I started feeling good and being able to do so much more, but as sleepless night after sleepless night went on I began to hurt and feel worse and worse.  Bret and I were both sleep deprived and my mom always loves when I stay over with the kids. Combined with other uninteresting reasons I decided to stay at my mom's on Christmas Eve's eve.  Bret and I had to drive separate because our small cars won't fit all of us plus luggage.  Also, my seat has to be pushed so far up I barley fit and it is uncomfortable on my incision

Moving on. It was dark when we started the drive to my mom's and Wes LOVED the Christmas lights.  On main street they had the trees along the road cover in Christmas lights.  Wes enjoyed the "Miss miss Tress," and was singing/talking to them in the back.  "Hello miss miss tree," turned into "Peek-a-boo miss miss tree."  Then when we passed all the trees he was very concerned and kept asking,"Where miss miss tree go?"  We spent most of the drive looking for and talking about Christmas lights.  Christmas is so much more FUN through the eyes of a child.  I love being a mother.  Children remind us of the wonder the world has to offer.

We discovered something so wonderfully helpful.  I couldn't find Brynn's silicone pacifiers right off, but my mom had latex one she bought for Wes that he never used.  Brynn doesn't take pacifiers well and gags quite often when I try to give her one (which is why I didn't have it handy).  Turns out she doesn't like the silicone ones.  A simple discovery that has made life a little easier.

This was the first time Wes hasn't slept in his pack'n play away from home.  We made a bed in my mom's walk in closet to give him an enclosed place to sleep.  He loved it.  He wouldn't come out when he woke up and played in there for over three hours in the morning.

The kids and I had a delightful time at my mom's, and Bret had a delightful time being alone.  Poor man needs alone time to recharge and it doesn't happen much.
  
We headed over to Bret's parents for Christmas eve dinner.  I realized before that night it had need almost six months since I had seen Bret's sister and family.  It was nice to spend time together.
Then we took pictures of the kiddos in front of the tree in their Christmas jammies.


They both had reindeer one their jammies, and Wes' had reindeer on his feet.  Cute jams for the worlds cutest kiddos. 

No comments: