Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We had a small Thanksgiving this year. Eight days after a c-section I wan't up to going anywhere or having too much company. Plus, I didn't want my little one around too many people. So my awesome mom made us a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.
Here she is making her famous pumpkin pie. Notice the delicous turkey in the background...mmmm. It was the best turkey I have ever had in my life. Not exaggerating. It was amazing.
Here is my favorite little turkey boy...
and my favorite little turkey girl.
I wanted to take a picture of Bret carving the turkey. He obliged but was not enthused.
Getting a stuborn two-year old to the table can be a challenge sometimes. In order to get him there I had to put Thanksgiving bibs I got when Wes was born on both the kids. Then I had to tickle him to get him to smile for the camera (well at least not cry).
Dinner was delicious, and I am excited to help my mom cook next time. I want to learn all her tricks.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I laughed out loud at the picture of Bret carving the turkey. So funny! And I love the picture of your turkey girl, she's already pulling faces for the camera!