Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ringing in the New Year

Wednesday nigth (12/28/11)  I found Wes in his bed like this.  I had heard him playing earlier and assumed he was so tire he didn't make it into bed.  So naturally I had to take a picture of this humorously adorable moment.  I quickly discovered it was actually super sad.  Wesley had vomited all over his bed.  Not only was I sad my little guy was sick, but I was worried because my neighbor had to take her little girl into the emergency room for an IV earlier in the evening.  Luckily he was only sick for a few hours.
Brynn did her first and only 6 hour stretch of sleep.  It was sad I was up with my other child for most of the night, but at least I only had to take care of one child at a time.

Flash forward to New Year's Eve.  I thought that the rest of us were out of the clear for the stomach flu.  Sadly Bret's stomach started to feel uneasy.  So I planned on letting him rest.

Wes got to play with markers.  He was doing so well with them I ran to the restroom for just a minute.  I came back to find he had been experimenting.  He quickly got an innocent face on and started coloring in the book again like nothing had ever happened.
Thank goodness for baths and washable markers.
I was feeling tired and my incision was hurting, plus I decided we needed to do something fun.  So I put the kids in the car, and we went to the car wash and drive through at Kneaders.  It was nice to get out of the house for a minute, both kids were happy in their car seats, and Bret got some quiet to rest.  Wes was a little afraid of the car wash, but over all we had fun.

Here are my New Year Kids!
While I was giving Wes a bath the stomach flu hit me.  I am glad that no one else got as violently sick.  I was finally able to fall asleep around 11:00pm.  I didn't look at the clock when I had to get up to throw up again, but there were a ton of fireworks going off.  I noticed them because I was hoping they wouldn't wake up my kids.  Then it dawned on me that it was probably midnight.  When I finished I checked the clock, and sure enough I rang in the New Year vomiting.  Too much information for the internet probable (sorry), but you have to admit it is kind of funny.  I spent 3/4 of 2011 feeling nauseous so it is I guess it is fitting that is how I said adieu to the year.  Luckily, it was only really bad for few hours.

We took it easy on New Year's Day.  Wes had fun pretending the play-do was a train track to drive the train cookie cutter on.
2011 brought me my beautiful daughter so it will always be one of my favorite years.  
Here's to a wonderful 2012.

No comments: