Sleep training has been something that we have really had to work on. I researched and prayed. We worked hard. Wes got to be such a good little sleeper. Once in a while we would have to retrain him, but all in all it things were going pretty well. I did notice when he was teething was usually when he would have trouble.
Ugh. These last two molars have been a nightmare! It has thrown Wesley for a loop and made the last few weeks so hard in so many ways. I am so thankful he is almost done. He has one last tooth to break through, but it's almost there. And the he will have all 20 of his baby teeth. I am also glad he is finishing up now before the baby comes.
He had to cry it out for a nap a couple of days ago. The 15 minutes it took for him to go to sleep seemed like hours. It feels wrong to ignore him, but it is so important for him to learn to go to sleep on his own. I just reminded myself that in the long run it is for the best. Plus in the short term he is so much happier (after the nap).
Then he cried it out for nap today, and then again for bed time. It is so hard.
This is how I found him tonight. Such a sweetie.
I'm not going to go into the details of everything we do to sleep train, but it is more involved then just locking my child in a room and letting him scream.
We did have a good day today. Wes didn't get up until after 8:00am, and I didn't feel too sick this morning. We ran errands in the morning, and Wesley was so well behaved in the store. We got the new born close for Baby Sissa (as Wes calls her) out of the basement. Plus, we were able to play outside for a while this evening.
Wesley ate cucumbers again. Teething really threw him off with eating. I tried a new strategy tonight. When Bret offered cucumbers to Wes, I told Bret that Wes could not have the cucumber unless he really wanted them. Then I acted like the cucumbers where wheels and sang "the wheels on the bus go round and round until I eat them." Then I roared like a dinosaur and ate them. We continued to eat dinner, and I would comment and show how much I loved eating the cucumbers. Of course it was genuine indulgence because cucumbers are currently one of my pregnancy cravings. Wes started to cry for the "num nums" and ended up eating several slices. Of course he had to roar like a dinosaur eating a wheel. Oh, the little victories!
After dinner Bret got out the camera and took pictures. Here Wes is holding up his horse. He thought it was so funny to make the horse say cheese.

Silly face.
Kissing and trying to bit me.
It was a good day all in all. But I hope Wes settles back into sleeping. Wesley was such a good sleeper for a months and months. So I am hoping this last time is just because of the teething thing.
I better go to bed now. Wes slept in this morning, but he's been waking up before 7:00am most mornings lately, and one time this week he got up at 5:45am. I am use to 7:00am 7:30am, but not 6:15 am. Cross your fingers that is just a phase too.








1 comment:
He looks so BIG! Where did your baby go?
Post a Comment