Monday, October 24, 2011

Words of Comfort

I can't really remember the dream I had tonight, but I woke up with a feeling of despair. As I awoke my mind caught upon the thought of Christ, and I found some comfort knowing that the Spirit would help me feel better.

I was also feeling very thirsty. I got up and got a drink of water. I currently cannot drink water quickly without vomiting. Gross I know, but a reality that I have to deal with. I still felt icky physically and emotionally so came to the computer (Bret doesn't turn it off on nights he is on-call in case he quickly needs access information for work). I typed in lds.org and the October General Conference link came up. I decided to sip on water while I listen to some of the talks originally slept through. I did have to laugh a little because I slept when I should have been listening to conference, and then I was listening to conference when I should have been sleeping.

The Spirit of the Lord truly brings comfort and hope. I am so grateful for modern day prophets and the messages they give.

PS I just threw up. Oh, I am excited to be able to drink water without getting sick. In the mean time it is just a small affliction compared to having the joy of this little girl for all eternity.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh Stephanie! Thanks for sharing. That was wonderful. Isn't it amazing how we can receive that comfort when we need it most? I'm so sorry you have been so sick - that is truly miserable. I love how positive you are about it though. You amaze me.