Bret and I got to the hospital at 5:45am. I hadn't slept much the night before because I went to bed late because I was cleaning and getting ready and I kept waking up to make sure she was moving because I was worried about her. It was comforting when I got hooked up to the monitor and could tell her heart was going strong.
The c-section was scheduled for 7:45am, and the OR was being cleaned from the last c-section when my mom brought Wes around 8:00am. Wes was so funny and excited. He told my mom,
"Baby Sister stuck. Doctor fix it." Such a smart funny kid. He also talked about going to the "lollipop doctor" and going to the "doctor's house." The doctor's office is in the hospital, and my friend who is the MA for my doctor always gave Wes lollipops when we went in.
It was nice to cuddle and read to him before I went in. My tummy is totally lopsided in this picture.
Here we are sporting our "Baby Sister party hats." Wes was being very serious at first, but he really liked it. He made sure to tell anyone who commented on his hat that it was a Baby Sister party hat. I think all the nurses on the floor heard all about Wesley's baby sister and how excited he was for her.
I walked back to the OR when they were ready for me, and sat on the table to get the spinal block. Bret hugged me while I got it which made it much better. I was surprised at how much faster it was then my epidural with Wes. This time the anesthesiologist didn't get delayed with my scoliosis or have to wait for me while I was vomiting like with Wes. I did vomit a little after the spinal. Which can I tell you it is hard to do while lying on your back. Still not my worst vomiting experience....not the best either.
It took much longer for them to start the surgery then with Wes. It almost felt like the where dilly dallying. Which they weren't, but with Wes they were moving as fast
as they could. Which is good because he was in distress.
I could feel more of what they were doing this time. Not pain at first, but I could feel more then pressure. Ugh, and I could hear the cutting. Continuous snip snip snip like cutting canvas. I
mentioned that, and I think they turned up the radio for me. So considerate and very appreciated. Then the spinal started wearing off and that started to not feel good. Luckily it was sharp cutting pain, but cramping crushing pain. I am making it sound worse then it was. It wasn't traumatic or horrible or anything like that. I did start to worry that if it wore all the way off it would be traumatic and could effect bonding with my child. That does sometimes happen with traumatic deliveries. Luckily, it was just fine. They put something in my IV to help, and that was good.
Once she was born they held her up so I could see her, and then they cleaned her off and
weighed her to the left of me so I could watch her. Wes was taken care of in a spot where the
curtain blocked. It was so nice and exciting to watch her, and it distracted from the pain. Plus,
Bret holding my hand and stroking my face helped as well.
Look at my sweet little angle.
Everyone mentioned how big she was once they pulled her out (side note: Isn't funny that they can just cut a baby out now of days. Really it's kind of funny, and something I am grateful for.) My doctor said it was a good thing we did a c-section given her size and the size if her head. He also cut off a little growth off my ovary. It turned out to be benign, and I am glad he could just take care of it while they were already there. The doctor also said the placenta was calcifying which happens when the placenta gets too old. I felt so happy to see her and have her safe and sound in the world.
So happy.
I was able to hold her while in the operating room, and I love it. I had to wait for a long time before I got to hold him.
Bret got a picture of Brynn as she was being pulled. It's cool that you can see some of my organs. I am way glad to have it, but I am not going to post it because that is too much for the internet.
She has the cutest chubby cheeks. Her face didn't stay as full. She lost a few ounces. She was 8lb 13 oz when she was born and was 8 lb 6 oz five days later. I thing she lost most of the weight in her cheeks and chin. Still the cutest little cheeks.
Brynn was crying in the nursery as they got her ready. My mom and Wes watched out the window. Wesley was very concerned about her crying. He told my mom, "They bonk Baby Sister on the head and make her cry. You tell the no hurt baby sister." My mom told them the nurses weren't hurting her. Wes told my mom, "Tell nurses not bonk baby sister." My mom explained a little more, and then he was okay. I love how protective he is of his baby sister.
Wesley was so excited to see and hold his little sister.

He was curious about all her screaming at bath time.
Brynn was not a fan of the bath at first...
But once they wrapped her up warm and cozy she enjoyed her hair being washed.
Strikingly handsome and a little dazed.
My family! Oh, I love it!
One of the most happy moments of my life. I am amazed at how happy one person can be. It makes me wonder how happy heaven. This is having a little bit of having Heaven on Earth.
My mom holding my little girl.
Welcome to our family precious one!








1 comment:
Cutest cheeks ever!!! I can't wait to meet her...I wonder when that will be since we both have newborns!?
Post a Comment