Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween 2011

Wesley played ghost by putting blankets on his head and making scary noised from July until about a week before Halloween. The unfortunate thing is he decided he didn't like ghosts even though I made him a simple and adorable ghost costume. Sigh.
On Halloween day he was quite unwilling to put on any costume at all. I told him that we could not go trick-or-treating at the store for chocolate milk unless he wore a costume, and he really wanted to go get chocolate milk. I let him pick between the ghost and last years dinosaur costume (luckily I bought it a little big).

He was glad he put on a costume once he got a balloon and all the other fun things they were handing out.
I put Wes down for a nap after lunch, and then realized I had an appointment to cut my hair. I called my awesome neighbor who watched him for me last minute. But he missed his nap because of my poor memory.

When I got back from my hair cut we played outside.
I felt like I was functioning a couple of hours behind for the rest of the day because I wasn't able to do all the things I planned during Wesley's nap. Ugh, why is my memory so bad. At least I didn't blow my hair dresser off.

I LOVE carving pumpkins, but this year I decided to skip it because it was just too much. Sigh, next year.

Wes was in a terrible mood after dinner, between not having a nap and the fact that he was not given candy even though I was handing it out to the kid that came to the door. I was feeling quite frustrated.
I had planned to go out trick-or-treating with my neighbor, and I forced Wesley's costume on and went outside. We went to the first house, and Wesley wanted to go back for "more canny." I explained we needed to go to different houses, and he was really excited once he figured out what was going on. The high light was hearing his cute little voice as he said, "Trick-or-treat" and "Thank voo."

I didn't grab my camera for trick -or-treating, but my neighbor took pictures for me. I'll do a post for that once I get the picture. Here are the three trick-or-treaters with their loot.

My little family.

As we were taking off Wesley's costumed I mentioned it was too bad I never got him to put on the hat. That is when he decided he needed to wear it. Funny kid.
The holiday didn't end up turning out the way I planned, but we still had a ton of fun. I really do love Halloween.

Side story: I made cute cupcakes for my Sunday school class the day before Halloween, but when we got to church we found out it was stake conference. So there was no class held. Oops.

No comments: