Monday, November 14, 2011

Thursday, November 17th, 2011 12:00PM

I went to my doctor today, and no progress. I am so grateful for prayer because I do not know how I would have made the decision without the Lord's help. The doctor said we could keep waiting until next Monday or try to induce. I didn't feel good about either decision. I really don't think I should go over too far with this baby, and it's not that I am tired of being pregnant. I just have a strong feeling not to. The hospital couldn't get me into tomorrow, my doctor isn't in on Wednesday. So Thursday is the day.

I feel okay about it. Terrified, but okay. I had really hoped to v-back, but I knew the chances of a c-section where higher this time.

My dear friend had a planned c-section today, and listening her talk about preparing for it helped me feel better. She was just so calm and matter of fact about it. Plus, everything I have heard is that planned c-sections are way better then emergency. So lets hope it's true for me. Even if it is as hard, I know the Lord will help me. I am also so blessed to have wonderful family and friends. I don't know what I would do without them. I also just keep reminding myself that I did it once I can do it again.

I am getting so excited to meet this little girl...I can't wait to hold her...to smell her...to kiss her...
Really it is so worth it. I am so grateful to be a mother. It really is such a blessing.

3 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

I'm sorry, but Melissa is right, the planned C is so much better. I didn't mind it at all, and while I did have pain I was able to control it really well with meds. I'm glad you have a firm date and you can really get ready to go. Bring your own blanket because I got cold. Can't wait to meet the new babe.

Terry said...

Hi Stephanie..

Sorry you're having to go through this! But...as one who has had FOUR C-sections....I promise you it does get easier with each one. Your body has been through it before and you'll know what to expect. You'll be in less pain and heal quicker. It's still not a walk in the park, but definitely better than the first one! Hang in there! She will be so worth it! :) Good Lukc!

Tannie Datwyler said...

You are awesome!! I hope it all really does go better, I know it's hard. :( The important thing is that you are following the spirit. Good luck!