I had all types of grand plans for Wesley's birthday, but between our fridge fritzing out and feeling pretty dang sick for the second half of Friday, we had to scale things back. Instead of decorating the whole house, we put streamers covering his door and a number 2 on his door with crate paper. He LOVED the 2 on the door and pointed to it all day.
Then we put about 20 balloons on the living room floor for him to play with when he got up. He really did enjoy playing with the balloons. It was extra cool when the heater came on and caused the balloons over the vet to "fly."
Wes got to spend a little bit of time in the snow. I was so grateful for the cold and snow because our food was in coolers outside (Ugh, stupid fridge. Doesn't know that I am about to have a baby so it should be well behaved?). I am so glad we didn't have to throw away all the food. I am also grateful that defrosting the fridge and cleaning out the dip pan seems to have fixed the problem. I really hope it fixed the problem.
We decided for a party that we would tell grandparents they were welcome but otherwise keep it simple. My niece ended up coming because my mom was watching her which was fine. I just wasn't up to all the aunts, uncles, cousins, and neighbor friends.
Wesley loved having a balloon war with his Punka and Kylie.
Wesley was so excited about having a bug cake.
Here I am explaining to Wes that it is okay to eat the bugs on this cake because they are candy, and the dirt is really cookies. I instilled in him the importance of not eating grasshoppers and other bugs this summer because our cat frequently ate them in front of Wes. He seemed to understand the concept pretty well, and her even made sure my step-mother knew it was okay to eat bug cake but not grasshoppers outside.
Wesley had his Punka read him a story. This kid loves books just like his Punka.
I had been planning on making Hawaiian haystacks for dinner, but with the fridge situation we decided Firehouse pizza was a better choice.
After dinner it was time to open presents.
He got a lot of really cool toys. He was really excited about the excavatior Bret and I gave him. Turns out the noises it makes get really annoying really fast, but he loves it.
Then it was time for cake.
Wes only ate the ladybug candy and none of the cake, but whatever. He was happy.
I forgot to put the hat on him during cake (pregnancy brain), but I wanted a picture of him in it. I had the cameras all ready for when I put it on, and then we all clapped really loud. We were able to keep it on for 30 seconds and at least get a picture of it.
I have been trying to get pictures of the three of us together more. So here you go. When I see how big I really am it makes me understand why I am so uncomfortable.

All in all it was a fun day. I love my cute little 2year-old.








No comments:
Post a Comment