Wesley insisted on being a fish. I was able to find this simple homemade costume how-to. People had also left links with pictures of their costumes on the blog so I was able to check those out.
Wes wanted to be a blue fish, but I couldn't find a light blue that would get shipped in time. So he was orange. Later I realized I could have used a navy jacket and done light blue and navy fins. Live and learn I suppose.
I used a smaller tin can and like the size better. I was able to get three fins on each side of the zipper in the front and keep the every other pattern. I also did the tail a little different. I practiced on newspaper until I got the desired shape and then cut the tail bigger. For the fin on the head I hot glued two pieces of felt together so it was super sturdy. I made sure to glue each fin all the way down to try and avoid the feather look. I didn't want him to look like a chicken.
Wesley's costume was easier to do then Brynn's because I followed a tutorial tweaked it a bit instead of figuring it out on my own. Still I loved making both of them.
I loved how cute this little fishy looked.
Life is good!








1 comment:
Sooooo cute!
Post a Comment