Monday, May 9, 2011

Making It Work

April began with me feeling sick as ever. I thought I was sick with Wes, but I have been soooooo much sicker with this baby. I would lay on the couch all day and fantasized about having an IV and cleaning my house. Luckily wasn't sick enough need an IV, but my stomach didn't handle water well so I had to slowly sip all day.
So when I am pregnant I HATE the work nauseous (and any conjugations of it). So from now on I will refer to it as the n-word. Anyway, I got some Zofan to help, but have you noticed there are several different types of the n-word? Well there are, and Zofan only works when I had the right type. Luckily, it is the worst feeling kind the Zofan helps with.
So enough complaining because the last few day I finally feel like I am coming back to life. I'm still sick, but I am not couch/bed ridden so I'll take it.

I am so grateful for my husband, and I am also thankful I wasn't this sick when I was working full time. I don't know how I would have survived if I was this sick while pregnant with Wes. I am also grateful for my sweet little boy who has been so good even though it's hard to loose his routine and have his mommy act so lame. Also he has been such a great napper so I have been able to nap, too.

Okay back to updating. Here Wes is cuddling with Daisy and me.
Ivory will always be his cat though.
Wesley making some fun of his own.
Talking to his Nana (or as he says na na na na na na) on the phone. It's on speaker phone, but he still holds it to his ear.
Nana told Wes she loved him a lot, and he liked that. (PS I love him in this out fit.)
Daddy dressed Wes. I think that there were actually quite a few clean clothes to choose from, so I am not sure what happened, but at least I didn't have to change morning diaper that day (the strong smell of overnight urine is extra sickening to me lately).

Dancing to Cotton Eyed Joe. It's a new favorite song of this little dancer.
Wow, Wes really makes life so fun.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

I'm so sorry you've been so sick. :( That's the worst. I remember when I was pregnant with Linus I used to just sit on the couch and cry sometimes because I felt awful. Claire (who was less than 2 at the time) would say, "mommy sad." It was pathetic. Thankfully my 3rd time around was the best. HOORAY.

You know what word I hate? Morning sickness - the idiot that came up with that needed some lessons in naming things. I was sick ALL day with my kids.